Facebook Drama


This one is for the haters, and for all of you who keep sending me friend requests when you don’t know me, and yea I am talking to you as well who always coming on facebook to update your status as if somebody wants to know where you are and what you doing.
Yes I am sure you have seen this before.
Let’s face it we all ‘facebook’ differently. I see Facebook as a tool to market myself and so I accept friend requests from people who don’t have disturbing images (guns, marijuana leaves, them drunk in a parking lot…) as their profile pics. On Facebook I have selected “networking” as my purpose for signing up and so that is exactly what I do, I net work.
There are those who might be on Facebook simply to connect with old friends that’s ok too, you don’t have to make a big deal about someone that you don’t know sending you a friend request.  Just reject it!
Then the comments to the haters, seriously do you have haters? If you have answered yes then why are they on your Facebook page delete them and move on. If they are not on your Facebook  and you know they “keep checking me page everyday” then make your profile private. That too is quite simple, no need to bother your friends with all the hater talk.  If you have haters then I guess you are doing something right so love yourself,  delete them and let us all be drama free.
The I am at KFC eating with my friends, I am at the bus station waiting for me bretheren, I am home alone  bunch…seriously do you think it’s safe to tell people exactly where you are and what you are doing.  Wake up! You are home alone is certainly an invitation for someone to come over and it might not be who you are hoping for, be careful people. Your  exact location is really something you should try to guard I know it lets everyone know you have a really cool phone but it also can put you in a bit of danger.
Lastly let’s talk about the Facebook curse outs, I never thought it was possible until I saw it today. A string of about 20 comments between two young women cursing eachother. Honestly I read the first couple but then I realized it was an actual agrument building up so I just left that page.  Come on there is an old saying that goes when you argue with an idiot people can not tell you apart.  The Facebook version of this is simpler it goes like this; when you argue on Facebook all of you are idiots. I remember once I got sucked into a little email war and I said sucked into because I knew I shouldn’t have responded but then I did, after email number two I said no no, you are far better than this, and so I stopped responding. I guess it is easy to get sucked into these things but how many times do you have to hit the refresh icon to realize you are making a fool of yourself?
Enough of the Facebook drama please! Can’t we all just play nicely?
©Adriana S. King

Leave a Reply