Cry but pray too!!

So last night while working on my thesis I tried emailing a copy to my hotmail account. I did this because I figure it is always best to save any file in multiple locations. While attempting to open the file I got a message saying the file was "corrupt". Ok I dismissed that closed hotmail and then went to open the file from my external hard drive itself, new message "file path disabled" or something along this line. Well panic began to creep in I spent close to 3 hours trying to open this file before I went to a tech shop...got to the shop the guy spent an hour or so and couldn't get the file opened.

I went home and just cried, cried, cried, cried.

I had a friend who worked all day (we are not in the same time zone) trying to find a solution for me. I tried suggestions after suggestions and nothing so I cried even more, and then when I was done I cried more.  Then I started praying.

My friend sent me some more suggestions and eventually I was able to locate a copy of the file that was stored on my computer's hard drive, and so I stopped crying, but I prayed some more.

Then the song  "Shackles" by Mary Mary came to mind and so for the entire day I have been singing this song.

The moral of this tale is simple, even when we are down we must look up.  Even if you don't believe in a god you must try never to let situations get you so down that you can't see a way out.

Leave a Reply