Christians and Politics

This is not an attempt to quote scripture on whether or not Christians should be involved in politics instead this is simply my way of trying to understand why often Christians who are involved in politics seem to call upon God only at their convenience.


I have always considered myself a work in progress because to me that is what Christianity is- a journey.  Some might say that is my way of excusing my sins even before I make them but to that I would respond have we seen the Biblical "chariot of fire" lately? If not then I guess we are all in the same boat. 

My believe is this when we make a public declaration of our 'Christian pathway', we are saying to others 'My mission is to be like Christ'.  Even Christ was tempted to do wrong but the question is did he give in?  He walked with and spoke to all but did he give in and become like them?

A Christian who becomes involved in politics is faced quite often with one question: "What would Jesus do?", sadly most seem not to know the answer, so at the end of the day the world looks on and there is no difference between Christians and non-Christians.

Then again I guess we were always the same!

©Adriana S. King

Leave a Reply