Who would/should teach the boys?

As my friend rightly said when I raised this issue with him gender violence does not only affect women.

Excuse my prejudice in this post :)

I am beginning to wonder if men become abusive towards women because of what they witnessed as boys...the things the women in their lives put up with. I am not saying that this is the only reason men become abusive...but could it be one of.


Were they so used to seeing women tolerate ill treatment that they some how grow to think it is acceptable.

Are we as women taking stock that we are not only setting bad examples for our daughters but for our sons as well?

Do mothers take time to teach their sons 'how to treat a woman'; or do we just sit back believing that men are the ones to teach little boys?

Leave a Reply