Makeup for Work

At around age 12 I decided to put down the pencil and art book, take up a paint brush. I did a painting of a girl, no one I knew just a face that came to my mind. That painting took me a good day, it wasn't anything elaborate and 90% of the time was spent waiting for the layers to dry on the steps. Well that was it for me eh, I figured there must be something else I could do with colours. Decided then and there I would focus on makeup.



I love experimenting with creating different looks, on me, on my friends, and anyone who would sit still and not twitch their eye lids. I hate when people have that winky syndrome.

I stray... My apologies.

What I want to say is this, there is make up that you wear to work, there is make up that you wear to a fete, make up that you wear to Carnival , make up if you are performing in a circus, make up that you wear to... The worst thing is when the circus performer shows up to work in the office without changing make up.

Yea you know what I am talking about, heavily drawn eye brows, eye lashes so thick with mascara they can't open their eyes, lips the colour of crimson red, and three shades or more of eye shadow.  Some people look good with bright red lipstick, they can some how make it appear to be a natural lip colour; and so they don't end up looking like that stick like female monster from "Aaah Real Monsters". You remember that show? I think she was French.

One of the basics is simply this if you are going to work in an office and don't want to look over painted, focus on one thing, I usually choose my eyes, then I just apply lip gloss afterwards.

Avoid wearing dark eye shadows if you can, or covering large areas in dark colours, this is better at nights.

Avoid bright colours like neon green and turquoise especially if you are very dark in complexion. When I want a natural look I mix shades of brown and light golds (not too much to give the sun competition now)  , sometimes I would play around with light blues, light pinks and light purples (simply because I like to see those colours on me). I always have my brown nearby if at the end of application I think they are 'showing up' too much...  dust a little over and it dulls the colour a bit.

At work you don't want to scare or distract people with your make up, unless you are in a job that demands that you do so. Hey, I don't know where you work.

If you have a friend who knows how to apply make up, ask them to help  you out, I am sure they won't mind or if you can afford it go to a trained Beautician. 

So what say you?

2 Responses so far.

  1. Lisa says:

    eyelashes are a new trend that are overdone at the office. they are extra thick and quite long, not to mention distracting. make up should enhance your natural beauty and never make you look fake or misplaced

  2. "make up should enhance your natural beauty and never make you look fake or misplaced"

    I agree!

Leave a Reply