Tired fo so!





Ever heard the saying "Wait til sleep ketch yo?". 

It hardly makes any sense until that day comes along when sleep ketch you.


You are pushing yourself to do assignments, for school, or for work. Maybe, you are just up late watching television. For whatever reason you are pushing your mind and spirit beyond the call of duty, literally dragging yourself along but you feel nothing. Then one day you decide to take a 5 minute rest before you do xyz...you wake up 5 hours later. Eh heh sleep ketch yo!

Sometimes when this happens the only thing you can do is laugh, unless you are going to miss the deadline of an assignment.

Stop pushing yourself so hard.

If you are like me you, then you love to push yourself, you are proud of the fact that you could write a forty page paper in one night. Why take three weeks to write what could be written in one night, and yes it is going to be the best paper you have ever written.

I am trying to break this habit because the day that follows usually finds me trying my best to function, sometimes I am able to pull it off...not always. Then when sleep catches up to me, you better not disturb.

This is not the best way to test our limits and maybe it shows that at times we fail to prioritize, or there are times when we over commit. 

What ever the case is, I have found that I function better when I am well rested.


Be sure to get some rest OK.

Leave a Reply