Private Joke

"The joker's response"

Strange this cold that lingers over me
Consuming me refusing to let go
Forces me to stand still
Eyes open wide
Heart racing
Mind weaving through years and years of
confessions, love exchanges, heart breaks, new romances



Unfinished business

Strange this cold that cripples me
Squeezes the very life out of me
Forces me to ...breathe?
To see tomorrow
To feel no sorrow
To think but yet to act to not fear rejection, failure, solitude, fleeting injustice

Cowards

Strange this cold that has barged into my room crawled under my sheets
Has now parted my lips; has released my voice.
First it came like a gentle moan and I lay still and allowed myslef to be engulfed
To have the passion teased and slowly released
But then my spirit reclaimed my body and I was screaming
Now I can not stop...


I MUST NOT STOP!!!
©Adriana S. King
January 2009

2 Responses so far.

  1. JL says:

    I've always loved this. Gorgeous photo Dri!

Leave a Reply