I know...

I know what it's like to want to run and never stop
To live as though  you are forever on one spot
To laugh and yet feel no joy
To smile if only to mask the pain.

Pain of loneliness, sorrow and failure
Pain of heart ache, rejection, fleeting success.
I know what it's like to sit searching in mirrors
Hoping for a glimpse of something,
Anything that would cause you to feel love
To bring joy, contentment and pride to your soul
I know what it's like to feel so empty inside
You shy away from crowds fearing they’ll see you cry
See beyond your façade and pry
Then you’ll have to tell a lie
It's not their business, why let them gloat
I know what it's like to want help
Yet not know where to turn
To reach out to no one and everyone at once.
To hide hoping someone will find you
To cry hoping they’ll hear

I know what it's like to feel nothing at all.

©Adriana S. King 2008

Leave a Reply