You Just Never Know

There is an old saying that goes- "when yo think is bush, ah people!".

It simply means that at times when you think you are alone, you are not. You might think  that no one is around...no one is seeing you, so you___________ . I am sure you could fill in the blank.

I am not sure why we do this, but we do.

The fact is, even at moments when you can not see anyone there might be someone looking at you; imagine walking down a busy street, trust me somebody is watching you.



You just never know who is watching you, and today I was reminded of this.

I went to make a purchase at a local store, so I started the usual small talk with the attendant (small talk with service people is always a good thing). During our conversation she revealed that she always sees me, now being the little home body that I am I had to ask where, her response- "when you walking nuh, on the street".

Today was the first time I've seen this girl, but if I see her tomorrow I could address her by name.

It might help us to be better people, better citizens if we always remember that somebody is watching us... always. Perhaps they are looking to see you fall so that they could jump over you , but perhaps they are just waiting for that moment to say hello.

Would your actions change much if you convince yourself that you are never alone, that you are never truly unknown?

Leave a Reply