My BF's ex


Yum yum





So today I was wondering what if the ex of my best friend (if my best friend were a girl) were to approach me and say' "...let's get together, I think we can work"; what would I do?

I would do what I would with any other guy; simply ask him- "Why?"

Then, if he gives a good answer, and I am intrigued because I am attracted to him too then I would think of other things like:



Does my best friend still want him?
Why did they break up...was he cheater?
Are we really compatible?

It might come as a shock to some that my first thought would not be "Hey this is your best friend's ex so hands off", and others would understand why I don't share that view.

He is her ex and to put things plainly; me not wanting him is not going to make him want me less or want her more, in short, they didn't work out and if she ever DID love him she would wish him happiness and allow him to move on with his life...period.

This might sound a bit cold to some, so if you need to pinch your nose and swallow the medicine go right ahead.  I will not be ruining a love affair, it has already ran its course. It didn't work! So does that mean we won't work and that we shouldn't try? Allow us to make that decision, there is no law governing the places we find love. I can only say that if I know my best friend is still in love with her ex I would respect her feelings, and hope that we could all work things out.

We don't own anyone but the person who stares back from the bathroom mirror (when we are alone of course), and the world does not revolve around us. Most of us just need to grow a pair and get over ourselves.

If you decide to let go of a friend because they fell in love with someone who does not want you then what does that say about you?  Just a thought...

I find though that in these situations the person who is dating the ex 'takes on the situation' more than their friend, and usually ends the friendship before the friend is even able to express her feelings on the matter...strange but it happens. The friend is then left to walk around telling everyone : "But I don't even want the man so why she getting on so is beyond me". lol It happens...

Can't say all that I want to, so I would end here by saying- Grow up! A man or woman is not off limits to your friends because you dated them. If you still have feelings for someone who is now showing interest in your best friend then say something to your friend and to the ex, if they want you maybe they would get back with you, if they don't then try not to be a wuss about it and start hating everybody because they found love.  

There are bigger things to mess up friendships. Get a grip!

Leave a Reply