Jealousy

I am never the type to say "Who she, she just jealous me" because for as long as I have known myself there are two things I hold firm to:
1. According to my mother never be jealous of people because of what they have because you don't know how they got it and
2.I always say that what ever opportunity I have been blest with there is probably someone who could have done more with it.


When people pick on me and try to pull me down it usually sends me into a state of shock; for as out spoken as I am and as bold as I tend to be, I try always to to stay away from silly discourses and bickering.

I am not a super model in this life or any other that I know of nor am I blest with an abundance of worldly gifts so seriously why would I assume that anyone is jealous of me. My cousin Tricia said "Dri a woman told me once that people would be jealous of a dead person if they think their coffin looks too good." Sadly these "people" are usually women, a woman making 500 dollars an hour would be jealous of a woman making 5 dollars an hour, don't ask me why, I just know it happens. 

People who try to pull you down while feigning frienship are those who are most often crazed with jealousy.  You get up on mornings and put on your simple shoes and your simple clothes, and you go to your simple job and have your simple lunch, and at the end of the day go home to your simple home and dinner and all the while there is somebody marking your every move trying to find that one thing to make you feel badly about yourself.  The one day you decide to have steak for lunch is because "you feel you better than everybody else and just want to show off". Huh wth! So, for the next five minutes you have to listen to a lecture on how and why you should be humble because they are your friend and are looking out for you. Hmm yea I think most of us have had those moments.

Anyways, I don't like to be too long so I will wrap up and say this much, know who you are and what you are about and never for one moment accept defeat when somebody tries to pull you down with wrongful accusations.  Make the best of what you have, and be proud that you are happy doing so.

Tek little and live long and delight in it, and when you are fortunate enough to have a little more than usual enjoy it!


"A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. "
Robert A. Heinlein 

Leave a Reply