My Condolences

Today my little nation was stunned by the news of a double murder, two women were shot dead in Campden Park.

One of these women, Ingrid Jack was my school mate.

My memories of Ingrid are well mixed into my days at the St. Joseph's Convent Kingstown. She was a true 'big sister' to many of us in the lower forms.  When others were meant on being rude and showing their rank Ingrid was the type to pull you aside and give you a gentle warning about your attire, conduct or whatever it was...

She was quite active in school activities, and so was always on stage.

She was always smiling!

After our years at SJCK every now and then I would meet her on the streets of Kingstown or the office of Cable and Wireless, and every single time we would revert to the days of her being my senior- I would smile and nod and she would do the same.

We will always be "Convent girls".

No word, or act can replace  her in the lives of those who were close to her but, I do wish that they would be able to find some peace. I pray that her daughter would grow knowing the positive ways in which her mother was able to impact on those who mourn her now.

I also extend my condolences to the family of Ms. Hazel-Ann James, it goes without saying that to have a loved one taken away so suddenly would cause pain beyond measure. God be with you!

I spent most of the day trying to figure out who is to be blamed when these violent acts occur...I am still thinking.

I believe though that parents should try their best to teach their children how to love , how to respect themselves and others, how to be tolerant , and how to be forgiving.

Leave a Reply