Some things you just don't do.

So today I was in the bank, yeah you know the bank right? lol Of course you don't know which bank.

Anyways, I am in the bank and a gentle man and a young lady come in. The bank is full, I mean ram packed, but I notice them because they call a teller away from her customer. My farseness goes into prime mode because I have been in the bank line now for about forty minutes and any thing other than standing still is entertaining.

Allow me now to try summarize what takes place.



Teller walks over to man and girl standing at empty teller booth. Girls says to teller: "Is Daddy ...( couldn't hear this piece)...change this money here for me." She takes out $40.00 Bajan dollars. Teller laughs takes the money, goes to a cubicle behind her, and points out her visitors to someone who I assume was her supervisor.  She shows him the money and then goes back to her booth to deal with the customer who was there waiting for her all this time but first converts the Bajan dollars.

At this point I just stopped paying her any attention. You see when things like that happen I get upset. I worked as a cashier before and never once did it cross my mind to do something like that. If any of my friends entered  the line, saw me and got excited, skipped to the side and requested a favour; I took the bill (with obvious reluctant) and made it clear to them and to all present that it would not be dealt with until the line was empty.

 Sometimes you can't say no when you are put on the spot like that, but you should not make your customers standing in line feel as though their time means nothing to you; you have to assure them that they will be treated with fairness. These side transactions should never be given priority over persons standing in line. It made me so uncomfortable when any supervisor came requesting this of me, for what ever reason...I always felt as if I had to apologize to the people standing in cue.


Side transactions to me are a big no no. For a supervisor to tolerate that sort of behaviour was beyond shocking.

What message are you sending to customers who have been standing in line for hours?  




Leave a Reply