Children with good manners are scary...lol

Every time a child says, "good morning", "thank you" or "please", I feel all warm inside...hmm after I get over the scare.


Today I realized I am not in this boat alone. 

There I was in the supermarket with a one of my dearest friends when a young lady approaches us...

She says to my friend, "Miss? Could you excuse me please, I want to reach something that is behind you."

My friend grabbed her chest, I thought she was having a mini heart attack but the broad smile on her face suggested otherwise. 

Her response, "Of course! I certainly will!" 

Sad eh? Children these days seem to be growing up in caves... no offence intended to those who actually live in caves. Buh yeah...children seem to be growing up in caves. 

Imagine a child approaching an adult to give them an ORDER, yes an ORDER- "Take this upstairs for me." lol No "Good morning", no "Could you...?", no "please"...a flat out order. 

Are parents forgetting the importance of instilling good manners in their children? 



Leave a Reply