My meaningless locks!

So after years of growing my locks and taking great care in them this idiot from down the road is to turn to me and say I am jealous of his bongo and that my locs "don't have meaning".  Now being who I am I did not call him an idiot to his face but I feel the need to do so now because I don't care to be nice to people with such silly mindsets. I did, however, say to him "You can't tell someone there locks are without meaning; people have locks for different reasons. What is important to you might not be important to someone else" 



Well the idiot went on to talk about the fact that he has 10 locks ...and 7+3 makes 10 ...and he is like Samson so if you cut his locks his strength will be gone... and that some Biblical figure (can't remember who now had ten locks I think was Lot)... I listened to him for a bit but then  I ignored him (because I was not even supposed to be in the conversation). All this started because a young man asked him why my locks are round and his flat.  How in the world he reach to talk about me and my meaningless locks is beyond me.


Now this note is simply for me to rant and to expose idiots who believe that they have a divine right to locks or to any other hair style. Yes in the simplest of meanings it is a 'style' what differs is the mindset behind wearing the hair in such a manner. Some do it because they are Rastafarian, some do it because for them it symbolizes their acceptance of their ancestry and their natural beauty, and still, some wear locs because they think they are beautiful.  


What ever your reason for wearing locs it is just that YOUR reason and no one has the right to define or redefine that for you.  There are idiots out there who will come along with their mumbo jumbo paying no respect to your individual rights ignore them if you could and when you have some time blog on them lol. 


iiiiiiiiidiOt!!!

Leave a Reply