Call a woman!

A sister in church used to always say; “when God can’t find a man he sends a woman”. I always thought it was something queer to say but I have had two incidents that made me see the good in that expression.


About two weeks ago a young man helping me to do some work was struggling with a paint bucket. He pounded, he kicked, he twisted, he poked finally he brought the bucket to me. He explained that the paint bucket was mine so I should know how to open it…sure enough I took a piece of stick and opened the bucket without breaking a sweat.

Tonight, I asked a friend of mine to help me install  a mosquito net. I looked at him struggling with the net and tried really hard to keep my cool to avoid frustrating him more.  He bent himself and the net out of shape. I waited for the correct moment then said; “ Let me try”. He passed the net over and…the rest is history. No more mosquitoes will be coming through that window.


Sometimes all it takes is a gentle touch, or a gentle word to get the job done. 

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Truth. Love that metaphor

Leave a Reply