Running with Wolves

This girl spins me around too often!

Read and enjoy.

Running with Wolves



Tiny little things
like
hand holding in the dark
massaging life-lines while the tv screen flickers
or is it just a flicker
of my imagination?
Have our kisses grown deeper
Like that beverage that's like a creeper
muddling my senses until I can't tell the difference
between just friends
and us?
Or is it just us?
Is this just lust?
Or did did I imagine the tenderness in your thrust
or your trust
that makes me want to trust in the way that I feel?
But I've learned never to trust in the way that I feel
I've never been good at identifying what's not real
Often misinterpreting human affection
Never knowing how to make the distinction
between wolves in sheep's clothing
and sheep that run with wolves
so I run with wolves
and ignore that the pattern of your lifeline
is similar to mine
and that mine
is similar to thine
and we continue to dine/no
feast on each other
until we're both full
and I create the lull
to fill the spaces left by our faces pressed up against each other
and so I run

© Jeneille M. Lewis 25/07/2012

Leave a Reply