Leave Your Change Please

I am always amazed at business people who come up with odd prices, $9.99, $0.99 and then give me back my one cent as though, it's not mine.

As Tosh would say at random moments; "Come on who does that?"

Now, let's say I go into that store and pick up an item that costs $9.99, but I only have $9.98. The first thing they would say to me is this, "Well we have something over here that is cheaper", or " you could go and come back". 

The business people who really upset me are the ones who want you to pay for an item or service but they don't have change in the register.

Cashier: Miss I don't have enough money to give you back your $3.00 change, all I have is $1.50. 
Me: (stares blankly)
Cashier: (stares back as though she expects me to say: "keep the change").

Come on who does that?

Again, if I were $3.00 short would she let me take the item- NO! 

Why then do they always seem shocked that you want your change? 

If you are going to open shop try to have some change please.


Leave a Reply