"Defo a Vincy Woman"

He: Just checking/ Are you from VIncy She: Who is this? He: I dont think you know me/I've just merged my fb contacts to my phone. She: That does not answer my question. He:My name us A******y/ Calm down/is*/ Oh I know your face/ Yeah you're from home. She:Calm down? You Pop on my phone without introducing yourself but begin by questioning and now you are telling me to calm down ? He:Ok sorry/Defo a Vincy woman/ Sorry have a good day. She: You must be out of your mind. BLOCKED



I am not one for small talk and those closest to me know this oh too well, however, I am old fashioned when it comes to the "meet and greet".

The "meet and greet" is an intricate dance and you must know the steps if you are to get through it smoothly. You have to know which moves to make, and how to make them.

It is not hard.

The foundation of the "meet and greet" is manners, plain and simple good manners.

Some who study interpersonal communication will tell you, the more you want to know of someone is the more you should reveal about yourself. Now, we all know that there are some blabber mouths out there who would meet you on a bus and at the end of the ride you know literally EVERYTHING about them. Some of us are very closed lip and tend to remain that way until we trust the person enough to start letting them in...

Notice I still haven't touched that snide, "Defo a Vincy woman" comment? I am not going to do so.

So yes the more you want to learn about someone is the more you have to reveal about yourself...you have to build trust...even if you tell them lies, the effect is usually the same.

Popping up on someone's whatsapp to ask them personal questions is not the way you start a conversation even if you have good intentions.

Messaging someone on Facebook, and addressing them by names that suggest an intimate relationship when you are only 'Facebook friends' is not the way to start a real friendship...especially if that person is me.

So about that conversation. I tried finding the person on my FB account...not there...unless they are using a pseudonym or made up a name to give me. Oh well...

My number is not on my Facebook account so somebody please explain this feature to me. I know a few years ago Facebook was allowing persons to see your number but I thought that was stopped. My number is used for business so it is public...just asking for knowledge sake.

Leave a Reply