Unequally yoked

I grew up in many churches, as a child I enjoyed going to church.

I would sometimes go to one church on a Saturday and then another on a Sunday.

I liked to listen and look at preachers.

Anyways, in all of those churches there was one message , "Do not be unequally yoked".



The thing is, most preachers related that statement to the doctrines of the church only. If you are Anglican marry and Anglican, if you are SDA marry and SDA, if you are an SB marry an SB.

Now that I am grown I have realized that being unequally yoked is not restricted to church doctrines. A self motivated man or woman marrying a bum whether or not they belong to the same religion is going to be truly happy.

To be equally yoked is to be paired with someone who shares your dreams and your drive. You should be able to grow with this person and grow old with them.

Being unequally yoked is the first stepping stone on the path to destruction of your spirit.


Leave a Reply