Helen


The news came- "a woman was killed last night".


I wasn't shocked.

Not that I knew who was killed, but it is getting to a point where everyday I expect to hear of some fool taking the life of a woman, he cannot OWN.

Then Marijke sent me a message explaining that, "The victim was Helen Fox".

Helen and I were not best friends in school, I can't tell you what her favourite colour was back then, or is now. I guess I should use the past tense but...

I can tell you though that my spirit took her the minute I met her, and from the first day we met when I told her I loved her surname  I've called her; "Helen Fox" or "Foxy Helen".  She was never just "Helen". 

We've never shared a meal beyond House Feast, for we were both in St. Joseph's House, but through the years we have shared many smiles. 

Helen's death comes too soon after Ingrid's, and I am sure we all still remember Cleopatra.

I hope the Scales of Justice are tipped to honour her memory, and to ensure that her children grow up knowing that human lives are to be respected. 

To all those who were closer to her than I was, her family and friends, I wish you comfort. 

Mothers teach your sons how to love and show love. 


                                     RIP Helen Once a Convent girl, always a Convent girl. (Photo Source unknown)

One Response so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    may she rest in peace....

Leave a Reply