Inter-racial Dating a big NO?



I was just on a friend's Facebook page and saw she had shared a friend's status that went something like this- I like black people but it doesn't mean I hate everyone else. I am assuming her friend is black. This reminded me of a friend of mine (a black man) who recently said his potential mate would have to be a black woman. I dated a guy once who told me he would never date anyone but a black woman, (he is black). His reasons were admirable and to this day I have a lot of respect for him because of his position.



He explained that for he wanted his children to understand what it is to be black and to be proud of their history, he figured there was no better woman to do this with than a strong black woman. He mentioned some other things as well but I can't list them all. LOL I am open to inter-racial dating, and so are some of my friends. In fact I know quite a few black women who claim, for instance, that white men treat black women like "Queens". A bit ironic you say?

Whatever the arguments for or against we have to understand that people will always have different likes and dislikes. At the end of the day I will date someone who loves and respects me, if he can handle me at my worse, race is a secondary matter.

Would you date someone of a different race...?

2 Responses so far.

  1. paddy says:

    Personally, I think color doesn't matter just depends who you fall in love with at that time. I am in an interracial relationship,married and have a beautiful wife and daughter. I wasn't looking but she happened to be the one I clicked with at that time. There was an abundance of girls from difference races black,white,yellow brown ,but as fate may have it I ended up with an Asian woman. I received a lot of comments like "you are not a man, you ran away from your own race because you cant handle a real woman."(black woman)>> one of my favorites . To this day I still don't understand what a "real woman" is, apparently the one I have now is bootleg according that individual. I don't think it's a big deal to date out of your own race we have a lot to learn from each other culture,history and what have you and all these things can be imparted to your child who I believe will have a richer upbringing by having best of both worlds in my view.

  2. Lisa says:

    i think colour or race is just the wrapping. The treasure lies within

Leave a Reply